Monday, March 5, 2012

Storm Coming In

Storm Coming In
Oil on canvas, 10x10
sold

We spent the weekend in Virginia, where it rained and rained, and when it wasn't raining, threatened rain.

And I loved every minute!

The rain released me from any sense of duty, and being without phone or internet added to the liberation. I read, I gazed into the middle distance, I painted, I walked, and one morning, I slept until 6:20! (For me, that's like most people sleeping until 2 p.m. Where did the day GO?)

I painted three of these 10x10s, sheltering in the van when the rain was too much. I love the rhythm of the clouds marching in over the marsh, and the quiet of the gray sky and gray water.

2 comments:

From Belgium with love said...

It just happened that I passed here. I like your painting style a lot !

carrie jacobson said...

Thank you so much, Belgium with love! Great to have you on the blog!