Friday, May 27, 2016

Early Morning Melody

Early Morning Melody
Oil on black canvas, 48x48

Overnight, the cold spring turned into hot summer, and my body hasn't caught up. Setting up my tent for the show at Paradise City, I found myself just drenched in sweat, for the first time this year, really. 

Part of me hates being all sweaty and sticky, and another part of me feels it's healthy, that the sweat draws out a whole bunch of bad stuff and flings it away into the humidity. 

This painting - a large version of one I painted a few months ago - makes me remember "the cool, green breathing of the leaves;" the sweet scent of new, thin grass; and the winter-cold earth warming. It was only a few weeks ago, but feels like a different era. 

I'll have this and some other exciting new pieces at the Paradise City Arts Festival this weekend in Northampton, MA. I'll be in Booth 909 in the Arena Building. Hope to see you there! 

***
Funny Signs
Above, I found "Beaver Ruin Road" to be a hilarious sign. I'd like to hear about the event that occasioned the naming of that road! Below, a friend sent in this sign... Looks like Archie Bunker might be alive and well after all, selling real estate in Rhode Island! If you see a funny sign, or an amusing scene of any kind, please send me a jpg at carrieBjacobson@gmail.com


***

Growing Up Fast
Above, Doc and Lulu a couple days ago. 
Below, the same pups on the same steps, a couple months ago. 


***
A Final Thought

"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. 
It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science." 
- Albert Einstein





No comments: