Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Missouri Side Road


Missouri Side Road
Oil on black canvas, 10x10, $125


Yesterday, I took my beautiful work clothes, collected over two and a half decades in newspapers, and donated them to the second-hand store. 

This was a big, big deal for me, particularly in a year where the shows have so far been fairly lackluster. Even with all my hope, and all my desire and drive, even with all the support of my friends, family and collectors, even with all that, there's been a little snag of doubt way back in my brain. If this didn't work out, I could always go back to newspapers - and I still had the clothes I'd need to do that. 

Now, I don't. Now, I am truly launched, spirit, soul and wardrobe, into this artist's life, this road I've already been walking for years. My clothing and doubt burden lifted, my stride is lighter, my path more open, my sky and future even brighter. 

***
MY NEXT SHOW is July 9-10, in Wickford, RI. I'll be on Elam Street, Booth 82, close to where I have always been during this show. 

The Wickford Art Festival is a fine-art only show, which makes it a little different than most of the shows in which I participate. There's no jewelry, no clothing, no functional pottery. So it's fine art, and it's fine fun. And Wickford village itself is beautiful - a quintessential New England seacoast town. 

Hope to see you there! 
***
Dog of the Day
It's Baby Girl, who lives in Arivaca, AZ, with the Richardsons. I bet Baby Girl has been staying inside these past few days. A friend in New Mexico posted a photo of her dashboard thermometer, showing the outside air to be 124 degrees. Yikes!

***
A Final Thought
I am an excitable person who only understands life lyrically, musically, in whom feelings are much stronger as reason. I am so thirsty for the marvelous that only the marvelous has power over me. Anything I can not transform into something marvelous, I let go. Reality doesn't impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another. No more walls.” 





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Carrie, I love seeing the pictures that you have done on your blog. Really loved seeing our Baby Girl's picture today.

Unknown said...

Carrie, you are an amazing artist, and an equally amazing person. I am blessed to know you.
Thank you for making our Baby Girl the dog of the day.

carrie jacobson said...

Hi, Linda! Thank you so much for the note, and for your enthusiasm and support. I feel equally blessed to have you and all your family in my life, too.