Thursday, June 23, 2016

Tetons Homestead

Tetons Homestead
Oil on black canvas, 12x12

                                                         

I had been planning on driving to Wyoming and Montana after the show in Omaha, but all sorts of things seemed to be conspiring against my going, and so I came home. I am planning on a painting trip to those western states in the fall, when it is sure to be incredibly beautiful.

But the thought of the West has blossomed in my head, so I took the opportunity to make this painting of a gorgeous log cabin in the Tetons. I'd love to live there, with the sky huge and open above me, and the mountains standing strong behind me, reminding me every day of the force and power that formed our earth.

I don't think I'd like to live there in the winter, though.

***
MY FRIENDS Pat Hart and Carol Burnham are going to reopen Seaside Antiques and Art soon, right here on Main Street in Wachapreague, and that's very exciting. It was more than a year ago when a truck rammed into the side of the store, knocked it off its foundation, ruined most of the items inside, and meant the store's closing for many months. 

Pat and Carol had the front half of the building removed, a new porch added, and the inside redone, and they are ready to open soon! They have wonderful antiques, ranging from inexpensive to very dear, all chosen with love and care. And they have art by local artists, including me and, soon, Peter. 

I believe July 1 is the opening date, so if you're in Wachapreague, take a look and see. 


***
Dog of the Day

It's Doc and Lulu, in their favorite spot, between the couch cushions and the couch back. They will stay this way, feet in the air, heads totally buried (how do they breathe?) for hours. 

***
A Final Thought

"I dream my painting and I paint my dream." 

- Vincent Van Gogh

\





No comments: