Monday, December 19, 2016

Foothills

Foothills
Oil on panel, 6x8. $75, including shipping


I'm trying some smaller pieces for 2017 (and the end of 2016). Some of these will be on panels, like the one above, and suitable for framing. 

Others will be on paper, and will arrive matted, and again, suitable for framing. I might even try framing some, but my hope with these is to keep prices low. 

The small paintings are much harder for me than the big ones! Strange, eh? Most artists have a fear of large canvases. For me, the small pieces are a struggle. That's another reason I'm going to focus on them in 2017.

I'm also going to be bringing some prints with me to the shows - but if you want prints at any time, you can go to Fine Art America (fineartamerica.com), search for me, and order prints in whatever sizes you like! 

What do you think about this idea? Is $75 a reasonable price, in your world? 

***

I really should have gotten off the road and checked this one out! 
Maybe I'd have found D.B. Cooper living there... 

***
Dog of the Day

I know I've featured this creature as a Dog of the Day before, 
but she (or he) amuses me endlessly. 

Want your pet to be the Dog of the Day? Please send a jpg to me at carrieBjacobson@gmail.com

***
A Final Thought

"The first step to controlling your world is to control your culture. To model and demonstrate the kind of world you demand to live in. 
To write the books. Make the music. Shoot the films. Paint the art." 

- Chuck Palahniuk

No comments: