Saturday, July 1, 2017

Today's Forecast

 Today's Forecast 
Oil on canvas, 15x60
sold

I was inspired to paint "Today's Forecast" from a photograph that a collector of my paintings posted on Facebook.

The photo was of her own cows, whom I've met - and painted, too! And she ended up buying the painting, so it feels like it has gone full circle.

I love the photograph so much, though, that I might make another somewhat like it, in a different format. We shall see.

***
Speaking of Cows

One of my paintings has been chosen as the art T-shirt for the Central Pennsylvania Festival of the Arts! This is a huge show, one of the top shows in the country, and I am honored that a painting of mine has been selected. 

The festival takes place July 13-16 in State College, PA. I'll be in Booth O-20, on Fairmount Avenue. For more information, and to reach the store where you can buy a T-shirt, please click here. 

The weekend before the State College show, July 8-9, I'll be at the Wickford, RI, Fine Arts Festival. I'll be on Elam Street. 

This is a marvelous fine-art show, in one of the most charming villages in Rhode Island. I'm really looking forward to it! For more information on this show, please click here. 

And the final weekend in July, the 29th and 30th, I'll be at a show in Stamford, CT, a new show for me. For info on that one, please click here. 

***
Dog of the Day

It's Loki, a sweetie who lives with a dear friend of mine in Arivaca, Arizona. 
Bet he's staying inside this summer! It's been 110 and hotter out there. 

***
A Final Thought

"Dream delivers us to dream, and there is no end to illusion. Life is like a train of moods, 
like a string of beads, and, as we pass through them, they prove to be 
many-colored lenses which paint the world their own hue." 

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: