Monday, February 3, 2020

Another Runner

Another Runner / oil on black canvas / 5x7 / unframed / $68 including shipping


THE TUBAC SHOW starts on Wednesday, and while I am showing my art during the show, I am not actually IN it. I will be on the patio of Sweet Poppy, a lovely and very fun shop that sells some art, including mine. Marsha, who owns the store, invited me to set up there when she heard about Peter's death. She thought it would be easier, and different, and that I'd still sell well. 

We will see about the third part - it is always a gamble, no matter where you are - but the first two already are true. 

I was surprised, however, at how sad I felt when I saw the big banner for the show and realized I wouldn't be in it, in the hubbub, the chaos, the bright and loud and crowded community of artists that is any show. Even now, writing this, it makes me a little sad. 

But this is my year to try new things, to simplify - and, I guess, to be sad - or at least to feel, and feel deeply. At least from time to time. 

***
For Today

"Art is like therapy; what comes up is what comes up. It may be dark, but that's what comes up. You may want to keep some of it in a drawer... but never judge it." 

- Nick Bantock




No comments: