Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Owl

Owl / Oil on black canvas / 5x7 unframed / $68 including shipping

sold!

DOC AND LULU, two of my four dogs, are about 4 years old, and have lived with me for almost all of their lives. Koko is about 5, and has been my dog for almost all that time. 

Though Doc is a male, he rarely lifts his leg to pee. He's done it maybe 25 or 30 times in those four years. But last week, he not only lifted his leg three times, he also peed on Koko's head each of those times! And she let him.

Come to find out, this is not so unusual. My daughter Erika and my sister Laurie told me that their male dogs peed on their females. And I do remember that, ages ago, when Peter and I lived in Maine, we had two male dogs, Gus and Najim, who were mostly great friends but occasionally wicked enemies. In some phases, they would just pee all over, reaching for dominance. So we started locking them in their crates when we couldn't keep a careful watch over them. The crates were side by side, and in a while, they started to pee on each other through the crate. 

Well, I guess it is just us and society that says that this is a bad idea. I'm pretty glad us and society do say so. 

***
For Today

"An artist is not paid for his labor but for his vision."

- James McNeil Whistler

No comments: