Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Afternoon on the Marsh

Afternoon on the Marsh
Oil on canvas, 30x40

I've been painting like crazy for the final few shows of the season, and for Center Framing & Art in West Hartford Center, CT, where five of my paintings have sold in the past few weeks. Five! Whew! 

This Saturday, I'll be painting with the fabulous Ronet Noe, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the store, 56 LaSalle Road, West Hartford Center, CT. Stop by and say hello if you're in the area. I'm bringing this painting and others to the gallery, so there will be lots to see. And if you haven't seen Ronet's stuff, you are in for a treat indeed. 

***

THERE'S A BID on one of the paintings I'm offering at auction on Daily Paintworks! You can click on the icon just to the right to see my two pieces, or click here to bid on "This Bright Morning,"  and here to bid on "The Way of All Earth"

Both auctions end Sept. 30 at 8 p.m. 

***

I'VE ONLY RECENTLY begun to ride my bicycle around town, and ...  it's fun! It IS a little scary, or it was at first - I hadn't ridden a bike in 30 years or more, and I felt wobbly and ungainly and unbalanced. I guess I still feel all those things, but I am getting used to it. 

One of the great things about riding a bike is that you see stuff you wouldn't otherwise see. For instance, I think the Virginia Department of Transportation is about to dig up our little town. There are arrows and squiggles all over our few roads. 

There's a houseboat docked at one of the marinas, too. That's another thing I'd never have seen in the car. And the marsh sunsets have been amazing. Here's one: 


***
Dog of the Day 

 This is Looie Looie, our very old Pekingese. I took this photo a while back. Looie is not doing well, and is not going to be with us for much longer. But while he's here, alive and kicking (and growling and nipping), he very much deserves to be the Dog of the Day.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been off line for some time. It is so much fun to see your posts and see how your brush strokes have matured. Thank you for your blog and sharing. P.S. Bike riding is excellent for keeping your nervous system young!

Dr. T

carrie jacobson said...

Thanks, Dr. T. Hope your absence has been for good reasons. I appreciate your interest and your support! Also, I am finding that even a little bike-riding is helping my arthritic knees.