Thursday, October 3, 2013

Autumn on the Ridge

Autumn on the Ridge
Oil on canvas, 20x20
sold

As I drove north in New York, the colors brightened and deepened, the sky opened out, and fields and farms replaced streets and residential neighborhoods. 

And as I drove, a cold I picked up somewhere grew more and more intense, and I began feeling worse and worse. 

Thursday and part of Friday, I've been selected to paint en plein air at Olana, the home of Frederic Church, of the Hudson River School. Saturday and Sunday, I'm in a show at Pound Ridge, NY. 

So keep your fingers crossed that I will not just dissolve into a little puddle of icky, coughing goo. 

My painting in the landscape

***

Isn't this plant amazing? The leaves must have been three and a half feet long! 
***
Dog of the Day

Saw these cats while in Warwick, NY! 

No comments: