Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Bringing 'Em Home - and Getting Ready to Leave Home

Bringing 'em Home
Oil on canvas, 20x60
Please email me at carrieBjacobson@gmail.com for price and availability

I have to say that I am loving these cowboy paintings! It's fun to paint them, it's fun to watch them come to life, it's fun to think about them, too. 

I love this one, but am a little on the fence about the dust. There was dust in the photo I was working from, and the dust was in the places I've painted it here - but it looks a little strange to me. What do you think? 

***
THE COWBOY PAINTINGS are coming with me to California, yes! And as you can tell from the photos below, practically everything else in the studio is coming, too. Peter and I spent the entire day yesterday packing the van, and we're not done yet, though we are close. I'm hoping I'll have room for the cot, though I realize I might not be able to set it up until I unload some of this stuff at my dad's house. 

More sponsors signed up yesterday! How very exciting! There are still a few full-sponsor slots ($125), one Angel spot ($350) and so far, no one's taken me up on a hero sponsorship, at $750... To see the sponsor levels and the goodies and art you get, click here. 

***
Packing and Packing and Packing

  Here's Peter, helping me pack and load paintings. 


Here's the van, clean, newly carpeted, ready to be loaded. 

And so it begins! The first painting is loaded on. 

Here's the view from the side door at the end of the first day of loading. 

Here's the view from the back... Hardly looks like it could have taken the whole day, does it? 

At the request of one of my sponsors, I'm posting the route I'm planning on taking to Tubac. I trust the accidents noted on the map won't be there when I get there! It's five hours from Tubac to Indio, Calif., and I'll post that route as I head out to the Southwest Arts Festival. 

***
Dogs of the Day

Here's most of the gang, waiting for a treat from my beleaguered husband. 

No comments: