Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Path Through the Dunes - and a New Gallery

Path Through the Dunes
Oil on canvas, 16x20
Available at J. Gallery, High Point, NC

See that last line, everyone? "J. Gallery, High Point, NC." 

Yes! It's new gallery for me, and a very exciting one. This gallery, run by Julie Delgaudio, is on the walls of the very beautiful J. H. Adams Inn in High Point, NC, and the Brookstown Inn in Winston-Salem, NC.

Julie organized and ran the Piedmont Plein Air Paintout, and impressed me from the moment I met her. Though she had 30 artists, dozens of volunteers, bunches of sponsors, tons of visitors and a couple spouses to deal with, she never lost her cool. The event went smoothly, was well advertised, covered in the media - and the town was excited about it.

The galleries are on the walls of these beautiful hotels, so they are not formal on-the-street galleries. The artists Julie has gathered make paintings that I really, really like. I am excited and honored to be included.

***
I SPOKE WITH my prosperity coach, Joe Skelly, last night.  As always, he had good ideas, asked good questions and pushed me to strive for more. I just want to put a little plug in here for Joe. He's really helped me, enormously. I encourage any of you who would like to see your business become more successful to get in touch with him. His number is 757-675-6569. You can call or text him.

***
MY NEXT SHOW is in Williamsburg, VA, this coming weekend. It's An Occasion for the Arts, and takes place Saturday and Sunday, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., in the Merchants Square area of downtown Williamsburg. I'm in Booth A8, on the Duke of Gloucester Street.

*** 
Dog of the Day

Here are Vinny and Patsy, pushing Zack and George 
out of the best waiting places at the door...

Want your pet to be the Dog of the Day? Send a jpg to me at carrieBjacobson@gmail.com






No comments: