Friday, October 31, 2014

Zinnias - and Patch (the Cat, Not the Website)

Zinnias
Oil on black canvas, 48x48
sold

I felt pretty good when, after the Paradise City Arts Festival, I left half a dozen paintings with Lori at Center Framing and Art in West Hartford Center, CT. Lori was so excited about my paintings, especially the new ones -  In the Barn, Poppies No. 1 and Rouge Bouquet - that I was excited to leave them with her. 

But then I got home and wondered what I had done. I pushed the wonder, worry and fear aside, and started to paint. And I love the paintings I've made. I can't wait to see them hanging all together in my tent.

This one, Zinnias, is the largest - 48x48 - and it is a true show-stopper. The painting is large, the flowers are large, the impact is large - doesn't it seem perfect for Texas?  

***
Dog of the Day

It's Patch! And while it's a little hard to tell from this photo, Patch has one green eye and one blue eye. He is a funny, funny cat - and amusing to me, since I used to work for Patch. 

Want your pet to be the Dog of the Day? Send a jpg to me at carrieBjacobson@gmail.com



No comments: