Friday, May 1, 2015

Bo - and the Dogs' TV

Bo
Oil on canvas, 12x12
commission

Bo is pals with Andy, whose portrait I posted recently. Bo is the older brother, and he apparently is a quiet dog, content with walking to the end of the driveway and back, and then taking it easy. 

Sometimes I understand this! 

Our dogs have spent the past week barking up a storm, somehow even more than usual. Jimmy, our across-the-street neighbor, has been around a lot, and doing a lot of mowing, and the dogs think that's about the best thing that's happened on Bayview Road for a while. 

Jimmy asked me the other day why they always bark at him, and my best answer was that they think of that front window as their own TV set, and his comings and goings are one of their favorite shows. 

*** 

One of my newest paintings, "Fiery Sky," sold recently at a show in Arlington. The lovely couple who bought it sent me this photo of the painting in their home. Doesn't it look great? 

***
Dog of the Day
And here are two of the main barkers, letting loose 
in their favorite spot. They're probably barking at Jimmy! 

***
A final thought

"I shut my eyes in order to see."

- Paul Gauguin


No comments: