Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Two Pairs

Two Pairs
36x60
sold

The Paradise City Arts Festival was a grand success for me, in more ways than one. 

People bought a whole slew of paintings large and small, and that, in and of itself, was great. But even more than the income, those sales really boosted my confidence, at a time when I needed it. 

I started the year with lots of new pieces, and a new approach. The black canvases, a changed color palette, a slightly shifted focus, all these were new. And for the first four shows, they didn't click with buyers. It is daunting and depressing to think that what is moving me creatively is not touching buyers. 

If I were doing this as a hobby, or just as a side business, that would be OK. Since I'm making our living with this, it is clearly not OK. 

But this show erased my doubts. People do like my new work, and like it enough to buy it. So I breathe a big sigh of relief, and smile a big, broad smile, and head on out to the midwest with my confidence intact. 

Here's the happy buyer of "Two Pairs." It's going to hang in her kitchen! 

*** 
This coming weekend, I'm doing a show in Cincinnati. The weekend after that, Omaha. The following weekend, Columbus. So I've taken pretty much everything with me! Above, you see the van, packed to the hilt. Below, my empty studio. 

***
Dog of the Day
Met this little cutie at the vet. He has Cushing's disease, a chronic condition, but was responding well to medication, and it looks like he will live a good, long, happy life.

***
A Final Thought

"The object isn't to make art; 
it's to be in that wonderful state which makes art inevitable." 

- Robert Henri











1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's wonderful to hear - I'm so glad for you! Your work is delightful and smile-inducing . . . So glad it is finding its audience! Wishing you continued success in your upcoming shows . . . .