Thursday, May 7, 2015

Looking for Lunch


Looking for Lunch
Oil on canvas, 16x16
sold

Richmond welcomed me this past weekend with arms that might not have been completely open, but at least were part-way there. I came away from this show with some profit, unlike most of the shows I've participated in so far this year. So, yay! 

In addition, the people were very nice, the park where the show was held was beautiful, and the neighborhood was gentle and pretty, brightened by azaleas and warmed by lovely brick homes. 

Carol and Bill from Wachapreague showed up, along with their grandchildren Richmond and Keagan, and that was a great treat. My friend Cynthia Battista, a marvelous jeweler from Connecticut (check out her work here)  did the show with me, and friends Alison Thomas, who makes wonderful photographs and digital art, and John Maurer, one of my favorite painters, also attended.  It was a big show, the weather was beautiful, and it was fun. 

***
MY NEXT SHOW is this weekend in Crozet, Virginia, about four hours west of here. I've never done this show, and it seems that it will be interesting. Click here for more information! 

A happy buyer with "Looking for Lunch." 


Clockwise from upper right, it's Carol, Richmond, Keagan and Bill. 

My booth in Richmond

I really like the arrangement of paintings on this wall. 

***
Dog of the Day

This French bulldog puppy was pooped! 

***
A final thought

"Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures." 

- Henry Ward Beecher




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous piece! I hope there is more poultry in your future! Glad it went to a good home. Booth looked great. Best of luck next weekend - hope it's great!

carrie jacobson said...

Thanks, Ellen! I am sure there will be more poultry in my future. (Love that phrase!). I enjoy painting poultry, and every time I have one, it sells. Imagine that!