Friday, July 10, 2015

Jo,Meg, Beth, Amy - and the Best Parade


Jo, Meg, Beth, Amy
Oil on canvas, 36x60
sold
After a month on the road through the midwest, and two back-to-back weekend trips to New England, I stayed home in Wachapreague, and I mean stayed. When I drove up the Wachapreague Road on Thursday to head to Rhode Island for this weekend's show - the Wickford Art Festival, in Wickford, RI - I realized I hadn't left our tiny town for about 10 days. Wow.

During those 10 days, I painted like a fiend! I love this brand-new cowscape, a big one at 36x60! Love the expressions on the cows' faces, and I really like the little collection of buildings in the saddle of the hill. The texture is great, too - and you can see it in real life this weekend, from 10-6 on Saturday and 10-5 on Sunday.

Wickford is an adorable coastal village, and this show is probably the best in RI. It's all fine art, so don't expect to find jewelry or pottery or clothes - though there's plenty of all three in the excellent shops in town.

I'll be on Elam Street, Booth 79, so please stop by and say hello!

***
WHILE I WAS hanging around, painting in Wachapreague, I took a break to watch the July 4 parade (about 7 minutes long - perfect!) and the amazing fireworks (about 30 minutes long, and amazing!) Here are photos from both events:








*** 
Dog of the Day
The Dogs of the Day got to be in the parade! 

***
A Final Thought

"As practice makes perfect, I cannot but make progress; 
each drawing one makes, each study one paints, is a step forward." 

- Vincent Van Gogh

***
Thanks for reading!!





No comments: