Saturday, January 2, 2016

Fee, Fi, Fo, Fum

Fee, Fi, Fo, Fum
Oil on black canvas, 36x60

I said I was going to paint bigger and bolder, and so I'm pleased to show you this new one! It's hard to get a feel for it on the computer here, but it's five feet across and three feet deep, so you can see how big the images of the cows are.

You might not be able to see very clearly in this photo, but there's a little house and red barn in the saddle of the hill under the mountain in the far distance. That helps give a little perspective, I think. Also, the sky on this one is really wonderfully rich and thick and swirly!

***
For a few years now, a friend and I have exchanged photos of the sky nearly every day. It's a project I've grown to love. I really look forward to receiving her sky photos, and to taking a photo myself that says something. This was my photo from Jan. 1. I took it through the new window in my studio. It was about the 1,000th gray day in a row (well, that's what it felt like), and honestly, I hadn't taken pix for a few days. There's only so much you can do with unrelenting gray. The paperweight belonged to my mom, and reminds me of a crystal ball. 

***
Dog of the Day
I met this guy at the SoNoArt show this summer; he's the dog of a nice couple 
who collect my art. Can't remember his name, but he was a great guy! 

***
A Final Thought

"Have no fear of perfection. You'll never reach it."
- Salvador Dali

No comments: