Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Winter in Accomack - and Arizona Byways Calling

Winter in Accomack
Oil on black canvas, 18x18, $385

As many of you know, I've made sponsored painting trips the past three years - To Tubac and Back,  the California Calling Painting Extravaganza, and the Origins Painting Trip.  Each time, people bought paintings in advance from me, then chose paintings in the order they signed up for sponsorships. 

I'm going to Arizona in about a week., to visit my dad and stepmother, participate in the Tubac Arts Festival, and paint in Tubac and the surrounding area. I'll be posting the paintings and my adventures here on the blog, and making them available to everyone. 

If you're sure you'd like a Southwest painting, and you'd like to reserve your selection, you'll find a PayPal link below. I'll email everyone who reserves a jpg of each painting as I finish them, so you'll have a chance to buy them before I post them on line. People will have their choices in the order in which they sign up. After sponsors have a day to decide, I'll post the paintings on the blog, and you'll all have a chance to buy them - first come, first served! 

I will tell you all that I'm planning a painting trip to Montana and Wyoming this summer, so if you have a one-painting-by-Carrie annual budget, that's information you might need, to help you make your decision.

The link is for a 10x10, at $125. If you want a larger piece, please email me and we can talk price and size. 

And keep your fingers crossed for decent traveling weather! 


***
OK, I know it's terrible for the environment when gas prices are this low. But I'm about to start a summer's worth of driving, and I'm grateful. This was in Virginia Beach this week. 

***
Dog of the Day
It's Koko! Here she is with her second-favorite toy. 
Her very favorite toy is about 5'8", with red hair and paint-splattered pants. 

***
A Final Thought

"I never paint dreams or nightmares. I paint my own reality." 

- Frida Kahlo


No comments: