Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Handing Off

Handing Off
Oil on black canvas, 30x40

I love this Pony Express painting! I think captures the motion of the riders as well as the beautiful soft and hard colors of the Arizona landscape. I absolutely love this series of Pony Express paintings, and hope to keep painting and selling them for quite a while. 

You can see this painting and more of my new ones in State College, Pennsylvania, during the Central Pennsylvania Festival of the Arts. The show starts Thursday and runs through Sunday. It's from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. through Saturday, and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. 

I'm on Fairmount Ave., Booth O-20 (That's the letter "O"). Hope to see you there! 

***
Triple Yikes! 

Out west, I saw this many, many times. Yes, it's a truck cab pulling not one, not two but THREE containers. Even with all the driving I do, and all the trucks I see, this combination gives me the willies. What do you think? 

***
Dog of the Day
My friends Candy and Jeff, who also collect my paintings (yay!), are raising chickens, and sent me this photo for my Dog of the Day. I've had cats, birds and snakes as my DoD, but this is my first chicken. I love it! 

Want your pet to be the dog of the day? Send a jpg to me at carrieBjacobson@gmail.com

***
A Final Thought

"Art is not what you see, but what you make others see."

- Edgar Degas


No comments: