Monday, April 6, 2020

Rufous Hummingbird



Rufous Hummingbird / oil on black canvas / 5x7 / unframed / $68 including shipping

sold! 

I KEEP THINKING I see hummingbirds, but when I look again, nothing. The twitch of a branch, a wren flitting through the coming leaves, or just a trick of the mind. 

The 2020 hummingbird migration map does show one or two nearby, so maybe I have been seeing them - though it is unlikely. 

Still, like spring and summer and the end of this quarantine, the hummingbirds are coming. So today, I will make some nectar and fill up some feeders and keep looking. 

Have you seen any hummers yet? 

***
For Today

Silence

I catch the pattern
Of your silence
Before you speak.

I do not need
To hear a word.

In your silence
Every tone I seek
Is heard.

- Langston Hughes

No comments: