Saturday, July 17, 2010

North East Margaree


North East Margaree
Cape Breton Island
Oil on canvas, 8x24. Please email me for price and shipping information.

It is early morning here, and I am getting ready for the Art on Groton Bank show. I'm pleased to be exhibiting some of my Canada paintings - and I am pleased, too, that this is the last of three back-to-back-to-back shows. Tomorrow, I can start really painting again!

I have found that, after these painting trips, I need a little while to recharge. The first one, I went right out and painted, and I suffered, and my work suffered. I need to remind myself that while these trips seem like a vacation, they are not. They are, in fact, the most intense period of work! It is marvelous, delightful, fulfilling work, but it is the work of painting, and growing as a painter, and it is rewarding - and demanding.

So, off to the show! I will take a photo of my set-up and post it tomorrow.

Thank you, as always, for reading.

No comments: