Monday, September 19, 2011

Griswold Farm

Griswold Farm
Oil on canvas, 10x10
sold

I love to go places I've never been, and drive down roads I've never driven down.

In July, as I drove to paint sunflowers, day after day at Buttonwood Farm in Griswold, I saw a couple roads that looked inviting. But I was always in a hurry, always with a destination in mind, and so I stayed on my course.

Last week, I took a drive down one of them, and found myself in a place that just didn't feel like Connecticut.

And I was hungry for that. For a place that felt like another state, another country.

I toodled all over the place this afternoon, before and after making this painting. And I returned home feeling refreshed - and once again glad to be coming home to a place I know.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Ooo! that's another idea. 100 places I've never painted before...
downtown providence, the pond behind the cemetery in ashaway, a cemetery...

Anonymous said...

Your paintings are beautiful and have left me very inspired! It was nice meeting you at the store the other day! I started writing my blog and you were right...its super easy. Good luck with your goldfish earrings :D

carrie jacobson said...

Hi, Megan, and thank you so much for your note! So glad the blog thing is working for you - it really is insanely easy, isn't it?

It was so nice to meet you, and I look forward to reading about your experiences in China!

The earrings are FABULOUS.