Friday, September 30, 2011

Marsh, Clinton


Marsh, Clinton
Oil on canvas, 10x10
By subscription; contact me at carrieBjacobson@gmail.com to subscribe.


I am going to sell the 100 10-inch-by-10-inch paintings by subscription and lottery.

Here's how it will work. You pay me $100, and that entitles you one painting from the 100.

The first 40 people who subscribe will have their choice of any of the 100 paintings, when the group is completed. Those 40 get their choices according to their place in the list. The first one to subscribe gets the first choice of all the 100 paintings. The second to subscribe chooses second, etc.

After the first 40 subscribers have made their choices, the remaining 60 will be entered into a lottery to determine their selection order.

I will put these up on a special page on my website, or here, or both. 

What do you think? Is this a good way to do it?

According to my pricing structure, these 10 by 10s, at $100, are 30 percent to 50 percent below what they would be at a show, and even more below what they would be at a gallery. The $100 includes tax, which makes them an even better deal.

While I can't promise that the 100 will be finished by Christmas - they probably won't - if anyone wants to give one as a Christmas present, I'll supply you with a nice gift certificate card that says what number the recipient is in the order...

Comments? Ideas? Refinements? Interest? Let me know!


 
Here's  my painting in front of the marsh in Clinton.

3 comments:

SLR said...

Clever way of selling the pictures. Why it's inspired!
And did you settle on the focus of these 100? CT doesn't have a RT 100 does it? Or 100 sq inches - 100 miles. One picture for every mile-50 out and 50 back.
I'm certain you came up with something and what you do with it will be visually delightful and sumptuously painted.

SLR said...

Clever idea, inspired.
Did you come up with the connection to all the paintings? 100 paths, roadways, miles, streams...whatever you've decided I'm certain the outcome will be delightful and sumptuous, individually and en masse.

carrie jacobson said...

Wow, these are GREAT ideas. I think I am settled on something like The Shining Path. I decided, basically, to quit screwing around with ideas and just PAINT and see what came of it. All of the first ones I've done have had a path of some sort in them. So without pushing it, that's what I'm doing. (At least today).

I still am sort of enamored of the idea of painting 100 exits on I-95, but that will wait for some other project. And maybe I'll pick a more interesting road, or one that goes somewhere ELSE.