Thursday, September 8, 2011

Zinnias

Zinnias
Oil on canvas, 18x24
Please contact me for price and delivery options

As the non-hurricane swept out of our area, I saw Herb Plotnik sitting in his little country store (a medium-sized shed, really), looking dejected.

The power was out, the ice cream in his freezer had turned to soup, streets were blocked because trees were down, and nobody was shopping. Heck, nobody could get out, let alone think of buying anything.

And so he was putting his stuff on sale. Local tomatoes, native corn, sunflowers and zinnias, all were on sale for half price or less.

So I bought some. The flowers had suffered, I will say that. They didn't last long, but they were gorgeous while they did last. And it made me happy to help Herb out a little.

Here's Herb, and here are the flowers I painted:



Jacobson Arts is located in Gales Ferry, CT

2 comments:

Patrick Daly said...

Interesting paintings i especially
like the palette knife work and vibrant colours. Well done

carrie jacobson said...

Hi, Patrick! Thank you so much for your comment. I'm glad you like the painting - the colors really almost pulse in real life. It was lots of fun.