Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Winter's First Snow - and... Finished?

Winter's First Snow
oil on canvas, 10x10
sold
A friend and reader of this blog sent me a photo from the winter's first snow in Connecticut. I love making snow paintings, and had never tried a minimal one, though of course, it is a natural, right? 

I had an absolute blast making this piece, and then my friend bought it. So, fun for both of us! 

If you'd like a snow painting, 10x10 for $100, please let me know. I love painting them, but as a general rule, they don't sell at shows. So I'm happy to paint them for you - and I have ideas about giving them as Christmas gifts. 

Want one? Drop me an email at carrieBjacobson@gmail.com, or call me at 860-442-0246. 



***


SO, CLEARLY,  MY conversation with my artist friend has had an effect on my painting, as I've done three minimal pieces in a row. And that's good! I needed to add more to my repertoire. 
This wave is 24x40, so it's big. And I think it's finished. What do you think? 

***


 Above, the gazebo in town, with the Christmas tree lighted up. There's a great story about this tree, but I need to wait until the weekend to tell it.

Below, Main Street in Wachapreague on a rainy evening earlier this week.

 ***

Dog of the Day


Today, we honor and remember Xena, the wonderful dog who lived for the past 13 years with my friend Tiffany Williams and her family. 

In addition to being a good watchdog and a well-behaved girl generally, Xena allowed animal after animal to come into the house and be fostered. 

She went to the Rainbow Bridge on Wednesday, and she will be missed forever by all who knew her. 

No comments: