Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Third Side of the Road - and Excellent Gift Ideas


Side of the Road C
Oil on black canvas, 16x16
$288.75 until 11/16/15, then $385



So the bold revolution continues! The painting above, the third in the series, is closer to what I have in my mind. It's not clear in my mind, exactly, because it's a feeling I'm visualizing, not exactly a painting.                                                                                                                                                                             Things that I like about this one, things that I think are bringing me closer to what I'm after, are the size of the image, the added brilliance of the color that comes with that larger image, the reductive steps I've taken in this one, and the trunks and                                                               branches of the trees. 


Here are the first two of the paintings in this series. Please let me know what you think. Which do you prefer? And if you can put it into words, why? 

And don't forget, all three of these are on sale, at $288.75, including shipping. 

This price is 25 percent below my regular $385 price, and will be good through Nov. 15.


***
IF YOU'RE LOOKING for a fun and different holiday present, please consider one of my paintings on a bag, pillow, shower curtain - and any number of other things you can imagine. 

You can find these, and many others, by clicking here to reach on my page at Fine Art America.  If you want to explore the site - there's tons of work by lots of artists, and it's really fun - go directly to fineartamerica.com and browse, or search for artists or subjects. It's lots of fun, and there are just the best gift ideas ever there. The quality of the products is very good, too. I ordered many of them this summer, just to make sure. If there's a painting you love, but it's not on the site, please click here to email me, let me know what it is, and chances are, I will have a good photo, and can upload it. 



***
Dog of the Day

Saw these doggies in Omaha this summer, one in the front basket, one in the back. 
They were loving the ride, and the attention, too! 





***
A Final Thought

"There is no blue without yellow and orange."

- Vincent Van Gogh










"There is no blue without yellow and without orange." (Vincent van Gogh)

No comments: