Thursday, November 5, 2009

Confessions and Ideas

Field No. 2
Oil on canvas, 8x24


Call me at 860-442-0246 or email me
if you are interested in buying this painting

OK, confessions first.

In the middle of the night, when I am roaming the house, looking for sleep, I have come very, very close to ordering Sham Wow, a sponge that holds 12 times its weight in liquid.

When my arthritis is acting up, I find myself wondering how handicapped you have to be to get a handicapped tag for the car.

Prompted by television commercials, I have worried that I might have peripheral artery disease, chronic dry eye, irritable bowel syndrome, restless leg syndrome and an overactive bladder. I can barely wait to see what I worry about when I hit 60.

Here are some ideas: If I had a landscaping company, I would call it "Lawn Order."

If I had a crane company, well, "Ichabod Crane."

The world would be a better place if we had a device that helped locate car keys. You know, there's that button you can press on the base of the cordless phone that tells you where your husband has left the receiver? I need one of those for the car keys. Also, maybe there should be an alarm that sounds if you get too far from the car keys. (I have mislaid a set of car keys, and have torn the house apart looking for it).

Have I written all this before? It seems so familiar, but then, of course, these ideas have been kicking around in my head for years.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL... first of all I love the plowed field. It looks like it was waiting for you to used your thick and juicy paint strokes to render it.

Now imagine my 15 year old son, being influenced by the same commercials you're referring to. I think I have the making of a young hypochondriac.