Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Tuxedo Cat I

Tuxedo Cat I
Oil on canvas, 12x12

Call me at 860-442-0246 or email me
if you are interested in buying this painting

The friendly gallery owner at Center Framing & Art in West Hartford Center, Conn., has me going on another project. The first one was dogs; this one is cats.

Her idea for the dogs was so successful, artistically and financially, that I readily agreed to paint a whole series of portraits of various breeds and varieties of cats.

This is particularly challenging for me, because cats are so similar in terms of their bone structure. Sure, there are the wedge-headed cats (Siamese, Abyssinian) and the flat-nosed cats (Persians and the like), but mostly, the differences are fairly subtle, except for the markings.

So it's engaging, and I am happy to start. The cat paintings should be in the gallery, at 56 LaSalle Road, West Hartford Center, in the month of April.

Meantime, Shawn Dell Joyce and I hung our show Sunday at the Wallkill River School Gallery in Montgomery, N.Y. The artists' reception is Saturday, from 5-7 p.m. Shawn and I will be demonstrating painting, too, which should be interesting! Emerging artist Denise Aumick has a wonderful collection of abstracts, textiles and more traditional painting, as well. The whole thing looks just great.

Thank you for reading!

No comments: