Sunday, February 19, 2012

Teeny-Weeny Jelly-Beeny



Hmm, the right-hand one is sideways


These mini sunflower paintings are in the window at Center Framing & Art  in West Hartford Center, CT.

They were the idea of Lori Chozik, who runs the gallery and frame store. She's a wonderful person, a fantastic salesperson, and a generator of very good ideas.

When she says - Carrie, you ought to try this - I listen.

I had been making paintings of dogs and cats before I met Lori, but it was her idea to focus on them, to paint only their faces, and to do them on square canvases.

She's gone a little nuts over the sunflower paintings I've been making, and has asked for more - and has been selling them nearly as fast as I can make them. So when she said why not do some sunflower minis, I was all ears.

I have to say, I love making these teeny paintings. Each has the potential to be a little gem - and it's FUN to make them! The ones pictured here range from 1 inch by 1 inch (the one just below) to 2 inches by 3 inches.

The whole crop of minis together! 
Minis in the window at Center Framing & Art, 56 Lasalle Road, West Hartford CT


No comments: