Friday, August 8, 2014

Rooster No. 2 - and For Your Eyes Only

Rooster No. 2
Oil on canvas, 10x10, sold

Since Rooster No. 1  sold, I decided I should make another. Erika, our daughter, wanted to try painting, and so we set out to paint together. She did a fantastic job with her rooster! She has frosted lots of cakes, and I believe that helps, when it comes to painting with a palette knife. We had a great time painting together, too. 

Here's Erika, working on her rooster. The finished painting is below. I don't know if it is for sale, but if you find you need it, drop me an email and I will talk to her and see if she wants to sell it. 


*** 

HERE IS A SPECIAL OPPORTUNITY for readers of this blog. 

When the Mystic Outdoor Art Festival opens on Saturday at 10 a.m., I am going to have, for the first time, a wall of small paintings, which will be for sale for $100 or less. Before the show opens, I'll take a photo and post it to the blog, and send the blog out right away. 

If you want to buy one or more of the smalls, email me or call or text me at 860-442-0246. Once the show opens, the paintings will be fair game for all, but you, faithful readers, will get first dibs. 

The Mystic festival is in Mystic, CT. It's from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. I'll be at the corner of Willow and Main, by the pet store, and across the street from the post office. 

***
THANK YOU, everyone, for your kind condolences on Sam's passing. It was a tough stretch, as he went downhill, and we found ourselves in that terrible place that dog (and cat) people know only too well. 

Your kindness and condolences, your sharing of your own stories and experiences, have helped me, and Peter, enormously. And the Facebook folks who responded also helped Erika, who was Sam's original human. 

***

Dog of the Day


That's right, it's Jojo the Wonder Dog. She might not know that Sam is gone, but she knew right away that Peter and I were upset, and she spent the days between Sam's death and my leaving for Connecticut going from one of us to the other, trying as hard as she could to comfort and to cheer us. She's getting gray in the face, and long in the tooth, but who isn't. 



No comments: