Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Sara's Beach - and an Xmas Dog of the Day


Sara's Beach
oil on canvas, 16x20

I'm always up for a good barter, and when Sara Harley suggested that she make a book of my California Calling Painting Extravaganza in exchange for a painting, I happily agreed. 

I've been included in a couple of Sara's Paws for Charity books - click here to reach the most recent one -  and so I know the kind of job she does with these books. They are beautifully put together, with strong and clean designs, good editing and typography, and a friendly, easy appeal. 

She did a great job on the California Calling book (this would make an excellent Christmas or Hanukkah present, hint, hint), editing my sponsor-only blog and photo array, and giving the whole project a great look and feel. 

And I was happy to make a painting of her favorite beach! The photo she sent me is below, and there's a shot of Sara up in Canada with my painting. Fun! 



***
Dog of the Day


Since Christmas is four months from yesterday, (and I've already suggested a great Christmas present!!), it seems like a great time to show little Woody in his Christmas-decorated crate. Woody loves his crate - or his apartment, as we call it - and it seemed only right to decorate it last Christmas!

Want your pet to be the Dog of the Day? Send a jpg of him or her to me at carrieBjacobson@gmail.com























No comments: