Saturday, June 27, 2015

Abby - and a Good Norwalk Show

Abby
Oil on canvas, 30x30
sold

After Erika and Paul's beautiful wedding, we headed back to Virginia, and then, a couple days later, I ricocheted back to New England, for the Norwalk Art Festival, which takes place this weekend. 

The show is Saturday and Sunday, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., in Matthews Park. My friends Cynthia and Kevin (Cynthia will have her beautiful jewelry at the show) tell me that the mansion at Matthews Park was where "Dark Shadows" was filmed! 

***
ALL MY COWSCAPES (and all my cowboy paintings) sold while I was on the road. Also, the three plein-air pieces I did on the way also sold (click here to check out "Lonely Lola" and here to see "The Long View"). 

It's always interesting to me to see which pieces people like and buy. It helps me decide what to paint next, and that's helpful, as I am attracted to so many things, and happy to paint so many things. 

That's how I decided to paint Abby here. Usually, I do cowscapes on very big canvases, but I didn't have any, and didn't have time to get any. So I found a photo of a single cow, instead of my usual collection, and went to work to make the image big and strong and attractive. And I have to say, I really love this painting! What do you think? 

***
HERE'S A PHOTO from Erika and Paul's wedding. Click here to go to the Jacobson Arts website and see more. 


***
Dog of the Day

Saw this guy in Columbus. Isn't he adorable? I'm going to paint him! 

***
A Final Thought

"A man paints with his brains and not with his hands." 

- Michelangelo






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations to you all on your daughter's wedding! Every happiness to the bride and groom!