Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Bright Side of the Street

Bright Side of the Street
Oil on black canvas, 10x10, $125

In every artist's life, I think, there's a handful of days that are just about perfect. Days when the art just comes - easily, swiftly, and without hesitation or question. Sunday was one of those days, and I rejoiced and was grateful, and I painted all day. 

I headed toward Patagonia and Sonoita, two of my favorite places to paint, and on the way, found spot after spot, view after view that captured my eye and my heart. I found places to pull safely off the road. Places where I could move the van to block the wind and the sun. And I painted with a sureness and joy that welled up from the deepest places in me, the places that are the most true. 

This was the first of five paintings I made on Sunday. They were all small pieces, 10x10, and at the end of the day, I was happy and exhausted. 

My painting in the landscape

***
ON SATURDAY, A FRIEND and collector of my art came for a visit in Tubac. We walked all over town, looked into many stores, talked art and life and had a nice day. She brought Batty with her, and we were lucky to find lots of dog-friendly people and shops. 

***
Dog of the Day 
It was great to meet Batty, and spend some time with her, 
so it only seems fitting to name her Dog of the Day! 

***
A Final Thought

"In art, the hand can never execute anything higher than the heart can imagine." 
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: