Friday, February 5, 2016

Heading Out

Heading Out
Oil on black canvas, 36x36

I made this painting from one of the photographs I took of the Hashknife Pony Express riders I encountered on the road between Holbrook and Scottsdale, Arizona, a week or so ago. I loved the angles of the horse and rider - the horse leaning in toward me, the rider starting to turn his mount back toward the oncoming Pony Express rider. 

Please visit my booth at the Tubac Art Festival, here in Tubac, Arizona, Feb. 10-14. I am hoping to be in the same spot I've had for the past couple years, at the east end of Plaza Road.

***
Dog of the Day 
Reese (left) and Henry, pals with a great story, share the Dog of the Day honors. They're part of the family of Sadie, who writes the "She and Her Dogs" blog. Sadie wrote about me in October, and I've been receiving her blogs ever since. 


***
A Final Thought

"Art must be an expression of love or it is nothing." 

- Marc Chagall


No comments: