Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Looking for a Treat

Looking for a Treat
Oil on canvas, 10x10, sold

Though I am healing, my knee injury is keeping me from painting, as I can't stand or sit and rise as I do when I am painting outdoors. So when I get home, I'll be making a few more Arizona Byways paintings from photographs, in the studio. 

As I write this, I've already left Tubac. I have work to do at home, and more than anything, I miss my husband, our dogs, our house, our town. But I miss Tubac, now! Miss my dad and Paula, the pace of life, the sun-washed desert, the beautiful mountains, the sense of open space and possibility. 

Goodbye, Tubac! 

***
HERE ARE SOME more scenes from the show

Above, that's not a REAL pig she's
carrying, but a piece of metal yard art. Funny!

Below, longtime readers of this blog with recognize
Ted Archembault, who has visited me at
Arizona shows for years. Ted is a cool guy.
This year, he was wearing an outfit
celebrating Valentine's Day. 

This is some of Brenda Peo's art. I met her
online, and then we met in person at the Tuba
Art Festival last year. She had a good outing 
the Tubac area, you can see her work in person during

The Border Patrol Checkpoint outside of Tubac. 

 ***
Dog of the Day
 This dog was enjoying the warm February sunshine last week in Tubac. 

***
A Final Thought

"In art, the hand can never execute anything higher than the heart can imagine." 
- Ralph Waldo Emerson








No comments: