Saturday, April 15, 2017

Blue Garden

Blue Garden
Oil on canvas, 16x16

One of my nieces is on a school trip to Italy, and is scheduled to fly back on Easter. The plane leaves from Rome. 

My sister is worried that in the current geopolitical climate, a plane with American schoolchildren, flying on Easter from Rome to the US, would be a great target for terrorism. 

While part of me agrees with her, most of me knows that I don't control much of anything in this world, including but not limited to countries with nuclear weapons, world leaders, terrorists and hate. And so, I could worry - and worry has crossed my mind - but I choose instead to pray, and then to let it all go. 

A few years ago, in a church that was connected (and I mean literally) to a garage where you could bring your car to be fixed, I was saved. It was an acknowledgement of my faith, a promise to listen, to be the best servant of God that I can be, and a prod to remember that I am not the pre-eminent being in my life, or in anyone's life. 

While I can't control governments or airplanes or the minds of humans, I can let the light of God, and of all that is good in the world, shine through me, in my life and most particularly, in my painting. I can't do anything to change the larger state of the world - but I can trust, and I can listen, and I can make my art. 

I hope you all find yourselves at peace, today and every day. 

***
Sale


AS MOST OF YOU KNOW, I experiment a lot with my painting, and my guess is that I always will. It's how I learn. But it leaves me, at times, with paintings that just don't go with the rest of my current display. So I am putting a number of these pieces up for sale, at deep, deep discounts from my regular prices. 

The sale starts Wednesday at 9 a.m. There will be PayPal buttons on the page at that point, and you can use your PayPal accounts, or pay via credit card through PayPal. If you want to use a check, please email me after 9 a.m. First come, first served! 

The page will be up until about 9 p.m. on Tuesday, and then will be back, with the PayPal buttons at 9 a.m. Wednesday. 

Here's a link to the page: http://www.jacobson-arts.com/april-sale

***
Dog of the Day

 In our house, we call this "Being Lulued."

 

***
A Final Thought

"Here's to freedom,
cheers to art.
Here's to having an excellent adventure
And may the stopping never start." 

- Jason Mraz




No comments: