Monday, April 24, 2017

Home Away from Home

Home Away from Home
Oil on board, 8x16, $125 including shipping
sold

One of the things I love about the palette knife is directionality - that the direction of the knife has such a strong bearing on the painting. Here, the sweeping strokes I used in the sky move your eye up, and the direction of the furrows moves your eye toward the little house.

 I do understand that maybe there is such a thing as too much movement, that maybe in this painting the sky detracts from the ground and vice-versa, and maybe it does -  but experimenting is the only way that I find what works, what is too much, what is too little.

***
Stuff I've Seen

***
Dog of the Day
Saw this great-looking guy at an RV park in Arivaca, Arizona, 
where you can bring your own RV, or rent a classic RV for the night. 

***
A Final Thought

"Art is not what you see, but what you make others see."

- From Love Locks, a Hallmark movie

No comments: