Sunday, April 30, 2017

Say a Little Prayer

Say a Little Prayer
Oil on canvas, 36x48

When I started painting this large floral, I wanted to paint a chaos of color and shape, a song of blossoms and springtime, a poem of shade and bright sun - and I think I got there. I love the little stream winding through the foreground, and the small surprise of the three daisies in the middle of the garden. What do you think? 

***

I AM GRATEFUL for all the big things, my husband, my family, my faith, my success. And I am grateful for small things, too. The smell of lilacs, the tenderness of a sleepy little dog, the delight of a beautiful iris garden in a neighbor's yard. I hope you are feeling lucky and grateful today. 


***
Dog of the Day


 It's Doc, suspicious, thoughtful, scheming, shy, devilish. One of my favorite dogs, ever! 



***
A Final Thought

"The beautiful is always bizarre." 

- Charles Beaudelaire





No comments: