Monday, August 17, 2020

House Wren on Black

House Wren on Black / Oil on black canvas / 5x7 / $68 includes shipping

sold!

WELL, MY BIG NEWS is that I now have my very own Zoom Room. I don't know how to use it yet, though I am learning on my own, and also have a tutorial scheduled. I have participated in a number of Zoom meetings, and that's been fun in a sort of Brady Bunch kind of way. 

I've been giving free painting workshops on Facebook Live on Saturdays at 1 p.m. (there will be one this Saturday, if all goes well), and I'm going to be doing a short series for the Academy for Lifelong Learning this fall. I want to keep doing the freebees, but I also want to start some for-profit workshops and demos - and what else? 

I've already thought of online painting parties, for kids and adults. I've thought of private lessons. I've thought of a series of lessons that I record and you take at your own pace. I've thought of paint-a-thon fund-raisers (What does this mean? How would this work? I have no idea, but I think there's a kernel of something there). I would like to take a painting trip at some point, and would do live plein-air demos from far afield, if I can get (or bring) a wifi connection. 

What ideas do you have? What would you like to see me do online, from my Zoom Room? I'd open to all thoughts and musings - and they don't have to be for-profit. Now that I have this thing, I'd like to have fun with it! 

***
For Today

"I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again." 

- Eric Roth


No comments: