Thursday, April 26, 2012

Springtime on the Salt Marsh I

Springtime on the Salt Marsh I
Oil on canvas, 10x10
sold


Something interesting is happening to me, and while I can't explain it exactly, I'm sure it's a good thing, a sign of progress.

I set out to paint, and do a painting that I like - like this one - and then sometime in the middle of the painting, find myself struck by an idea of a way to make this painting more abstract.

It happened here, and it happened on the painting I made yesterday (will post it and its more abstract cousin soon!)

I've been working toward a more abstract sort of style for a while, looser and less detailed, and it is a challenge. The eye, the hand and the brain don't always work together! And that is OK - I prefer a curvy road any day, even if it means I drive more slowly.

To see the more abstract version of this painting, click here. 

No comments: