Friday, September 11, 2009

Back in the Field

Back in the Field
Oil on canvas, 16x20

Call me at 860-442-0246 or email me
if you are interested in buying this painting

The back field gets more interesting, more lovely, day by day. I know that one of these mornings, I'll get up and go out and frost will have taken my colors, ripped away my textures, but until then, it's a wonderful scene to paint.

I write this from New York, where last night, I helped 300 others celebrate Shawn Dell Joyce, one of the founders of the Wallkill River School in Montgomery. The Orange County Citizens Foundation chose Shawn to receive the Seligman Award, for "outstanding contributions to arts and culture in the county." Shawn is my dear friend, so I have some prejudices, but truly, she deserves the honor, the accolade - and much, much more. I'm happy that I was able to be there to celebrate her.

"Here & There," my show with talented painter George Hayes, is up at the Wallkill River School Gallery, and it looks great. The reception is Saturday, from 5-7 p.m. If you're in the area, please stop by. It is Montgomery Day, too, so 211 is likely to be jammed or closed. The school is on Route 17K - take Exit 5 or 5A to get there and avoid the traffic problems in downtown Montgomery. Better yet, go to the celebration first and then come to the reception!

1 comment:

Robin Weiss said...

Hey Carrie! Wish I could be there for your show.....Love this painting!