Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Winter Church

The Winter Church
Oil on canvas, 10x10
sold

Last week, I met with Joe Skelly, who is, as far as I know, the world's only prosperity coach.

And what, you may ask, is a prosperity coach? Just what it sounds like! Joe is helping me raise my income and lower my fear while I do what I love - paint.

His fee is $100 an hour, and we are going to meet once a month or so for an hour. Our goal is to double my income the first year, then redouble it and re-redouble it. He has a track record of success, and I am game to try. 

I think that the whole idea of prosperity coaching is a fascinating concept, and the first session was energizing and exciting.

One of the broad ideas he shared with me was the notion that words - and your subconscious - create your reality. If you find yourself thinking negatively - "Florida was a bust for me, " for example - my subconscious will do everything it can to make that statement true, and make me right. 

So Joe's answer is that, if you find yourself thinking negative thoughts, add "up until now."  Florida was a bust for me... up until now. And just like that, everything changes! 

He gave me dozens more great ideas, and already they have opened up my future and given me a taste of the very real prospect of increased prosperity. 

Joe does his work in face-to-face sessions, and also over the phone, if you live out of the area. If you want to get in touch with him, you can call or text him at 757-675-6569. He has not paid me for this - I am truly excited about it and wanted to share it with all of you!

***

The December sale is going nicely! Three paintings have sold - Blue Sunflowers, Center Street Scene and Majesty.

I've found a couple bumps on the road - PayPal buttons are probably not the way to do this, but for the time being, they are there (two people tried to buy one painting at the Exact Same Moment, and PayPal has no solution for that...). I am going to do another one of these in January, and will probably do it some other way. But for the time being, the sale is still going on, and there's still time to get your presents before Christmas.

If you'd like to buy a piece for someone, but you don't know what they would like, I can sell you an Accidental Artist gift certificate in whatever denomination you want. Just click here to email me at carrieBjacobson@gmail.com and I'll get one in the mail to you or to your friend or relative!

***

One final note! I'll be painting with the fabulous Ronet Noe on Saturday on the sidewalk in front of Center Framing & Art, 56 LaSalle Road, West Hartford Center. We'll be there from about 10 a.m. to about 2 p.m., depending on weather. Hope for sun and warmth!





No comments: