Monday, October 5, 2015

Rooney - and 101 Dogs Is Live


Rooney
Oil on canvas, 16x16
commission

The 101 Dogs project, which is now up and running, puts my love of art and dogs - especially rescue dogs - together, and it is bringing joy back into my life. 

I rededicated it to Jojo and Zoe, and I have to say that working on the web page, Facebook page, flier, press releases, button, totebag, notecards, stamps and other items are helping me get through my sadness.

In the project, I'll make portraits of the first 101 dogs who share the lives of people who sign up at $375 or more. The people will get the portraits, a book or poster of all the dog paintings in the project - with their dog on the cover, or in the center of the poster - and a variety of other items. People sponsoring me for less than $375 won't get original art, but will receive a variety of thank-you gifts bearing art from the project. And anyone who sponsors me at any level will have my heartfelt gratitude and appreciation. 

Please click here take a look at the 101 Dogs page on the Jacobson Arts website - and please consider sponsoring me. If you've been thinking about having me make a painting of your dog, this would be a perfect time to do it! (Here's the link, if you'd rather copy and paste: http://www.jacobson-arts.com/#!101-dogs/ci93). 

***
I HAVE LOTS of exciting new paintings, and I'll be bringing a lot of them to the Paradise City Arts show this weekend. 

The show takes place in the Three-County Fairgrounds in Northampton, MA, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. It's a terrific show, with plenty of lovely art, beautiful, fine craft, good food and music, too. There's a fee to enter, but you can get a discount coupon at the Paradise City Arts website. Click here

I'll be in the Morgan Barn. Please come and say hello, and see my new paintings. 

***
HURRICANE JOAQUIN has left the area, and the flooding has nearly stopped. The photo above was from Saturday. Sunday's high tide was even higher. I took a video of a guy who just had to drive down flooded Atlantic Avenue... and then had to stop to make way for some ducks. Here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYXQlbtOcRg

***
Dog of the Day

It's Maggie, who lives down the street and decided she needed to bark her head off at me. We used to call her the fake Jojo, because she looked just like Joey, but with brown eyes. 

***
A Final Thought

"The artist's world is limitless. It can be found anywhere, far from where he lives
 or a few feet away. It is always on his doorstep."
- Paul Strand


No comments: