Monday, January 27, 2020

Fancy Cardinal

Fancy Cardinal / Oil on black canvas / 5x7 / unframed / $68, including shipping
                                                                     
  Sold


I PAINTED THIS fancy cardinal a few weeks ago, on one of the few warm and sunny days we had this winter in Wachapreague. Friends gathered on the back porch of Seaside Art and Antiques, the store my friend Pat Hart owns in Wachapreague, and painted together, and talked and laughed and shared the afternoon.


At one point, I knew the name of the fancy cardinal, but I seem to have forgotten it. The name that came up when I googled it was pyrrhuloxia, but my brain says that's not it. Do any of you know? 

*** 
For Today

I AM ON my way to Arizona, and enjoying watching the landscape and the towns and all the funny signs. Here's one I saw near Birmingham, Alabama. The small print reads, "We repair what your husband fixed." 


No comments: