Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Sparrow


Sparrow / Oil on black canvas / unframed / 5x7 / $68 including shipping

Sold!

AS I AM SITTING HERE in the kitchen, posting this painting of this plain little sparrow (who I think is adorable), The Today Show folks are talking about the no-longer-Prince Harry and no-longer-Princess Megan. 

For some reason, I begin to wonder if maybe, at one point, sparrows were the royalty of the bird world, and then they turned it down, walked away, leaving the glory to the eagles and cardinals and the other big, flashy, famous birds. 

And now, they are just happy to be sparrows. 

Seems possible, doesn't it? 

***

FOR THOSE OF YOU who receive this blog by email, I apologize about the illegibility of the  Martin Luther King Jr. speech yesterday. If you want to read it - and really, it's worth it - please go to my actual blog - carriejacobson.blogspot.com - and you should be able to read it there. It took me forever to get it right on the site - never occurred to me that the emailed version would not change the type and background. Sorry! 

***
For Today

"Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark."

-Radindranath Tagore


No comments: