Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Raven

Raven / oil on black canvas / 5x7 / $68

Sold

I AM MAKING MY slow way west, driving toward Arizona and a few weeks with my father and stepmother. By now, I have friends around Tubac, also, and am looking forward to seeing all these people - and some other friends, too, from the east - jewelers going to the big gem show in Tucson. 

Mostly, I am looking forward, honestly, to escaping my life for a little while. I will never escape the memories of Peter - and I don't want to - but he never visited Tubac.

 I will not walk into the kitchen and see the ghost of him there, looking out the window. Never lie down on the couch in the evening and look over, expecting to see him on the other couch. In Arizona, I will not walk out into the yard and see him - almost visible, almost palpable - playing with Doc, or sitting in the chair petting Koko, or puttering with his potted plants. 

Meantime, I am missing my dogs terribly. The dog-sitter is there, and making friends with everyone - walking them and playing with them and snuggling with them - and they've probably forgotten all about me. But I am missing them. 

Woody! 

***
For Today

"If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there might be something wrong with your life." 

- Roger Caras


No comments: