Sunday, July 12, 2020

Mr. Chicken

Mr. Chicken / oil on black canvas / 5x7 unframed / $68 includes shipping

sold1 

CHICKENS ARE PART OF THE FAMILY in quite a few homes around here. By now, I'm familiar with the ones I drive by regularly, and I make sure I slow down, not only to keep from hitting the chickens, but mostly, so I can see them. 

I like the way they walk, and the indignation I imagine I see on their little faces as I drive near their territory. I like their front-heavy bodies, and their often brilliant feathers. Peter collected all sorts of feathers for his fly-tying, and introduced me to many types of brightly colored chickens. I've also learned that people sometimes collect chickens just for the color of the shells of the eggs the birds lay. 

My friend Diana Davis (https://www.facebook.com/dianadaviswatercolor/) is a wizard at painting chickens, and I've learned a lot from looking at her paintings. Hope you take a look! 

***
For Today

"Those who do not want to imitate anything produce nothing." 

- Salvador Dali

No comments: