Monday, July 27, 2020

Cedar Waxwing


Cedar Waxwing / Oil on black canvas / 5x7 / $68 includes shipping

sold!

SOMEONE SAID TO ME ONCE that there are people who correct other people's grammar, and then there are all the nice people. 

So, farewell to my status as a nice person... though I am not sure this is actually "correcting," and I am not sure it qualifies as "grammar." 

I think it's a little more of a rant. And it is this: I am campaigning against "pre," and the way we use it. Pre-plan your funeral. Pre-heat your oven. Pre-order your meal. Pre-sliced cheesecake. 

Really? Isn't "pre-planning" what you do BEFORE you plan? Don't you just heat your oven? Order your meal? And isn't pre-sliced cheesecake cheesecake that, in fact, has NOT been sliced? 

***
For Today

"Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing at all." 

- Helen Keller

No comments: