Monday, July 6, 2020

Red-Tailed Hawk

Red-Tailed Hawk / Oil on black canvas / 4x4 / $48 including shipping

sold!

I FIND MYSELF WANTING to go places - even planning to go places - and then waffling, or pulling back entirely, because of the covid, and now, because of the new explosions of the covid. 

And when I look ahead, there seems no end to it. 

So I am remembering, again and again, to look on this time as a precious gift. Reminding myself to Live in This Moment. To be patient. To be kind. To try to be good to someone else. Do something to improve someone's day. 

It is not easy. What is easy is slipping back into my impatient, self-focused, hurried, complaining life. 

So I am trying to stay upright, to be grateful, and to look upon this as a special, different, positive time. 

***
For Today

Dead Tired

Walking very slowly
I looked up
And saw six red-tailed hawks
Circling over and over
Above my head. 
Pointing it out to my friend,
She said,
"Something must have died!"
Looking about
The area was empty
Except for me.
I began to move
A bit more quickly. 

- C.J. Krieger


No comments: